We still have nucs available for order. Next pickup will be late June.
Nuc orders are filled in order received, we will contact you by email to arrange pickup dates.
Address for pickup:
Nucs will include 5 “deep” frames of bees, honey, pollen, brood, eggs, a new queen. Our Standard nuc is 2-3 frames of brood with at least 4 frames of bees (one layer of bees on each frame at 60 degree calm weather) 1 additional drawn frame which may have brood, eggs, pollen or honey and then the last frame is at least partially drawn. It is recommended that you feed the bees through the summer to help them build up. Our main nectar flow usually stops in July, feeding them ensures they keep building up so you have a strong hive to go into the winter.
No box or frame exchange needed. The nuc will need to be installed into a hive box after pickup to allow for more room. If you need a hive box to put the bees into you can chose between our Eco or Standard hive kits.
- We do not ship bees, pickup will be at our farm in Hogeye, Arkansas.
- Contact us directly for bulk (10+) pricing.
- Pickup will be early in the morning or late in the evening to allow you to get home without the bees overheating.
- Bees need installed in a larger hive body the same day or next day.
- Bring a smoker and suit to pickup in case of a mishap on the way home.
- If not able to install immediately place the nuc in the same spot or even on top of the hive to be installed and open the entrance. If you pickup in the evening open the entrance and wait till the next day to install, do not install at night.
- This is a good place for information on how to install a nuc.
- Click here for information on how to care for your nuc.
- No refunds, we will replace a failed nuc at our discretion within 7 days of purchase
- The nucs need to be picked up promptly once they are ready. If we hold on to them too long for you then it is likely they might swarm. There is a lot of preparation and labor that goes into making the nucs and getting them ready.
- $50 cancellation fee if cancelled before March 15.
- No refund after March 15 as we have already began the process of making up the nuc at that point. If you want to reassigned your nuc we will be happy to allow someone else to pick up the bees for you. Please send us an email for our records requesting the reassignment.
- One of those general liability statements: Honeybees can sting. Stings may cause an allergic reaction. Hogeye Honey is not liable for any harm due to keeping honeybees. Proceed at your own risk.