We have a few different purchase options:
$40 deposit to hold your nuc and then pay $140 at pickup.
$175 will get you paid in full for the nuc.
If you need a bee hive to put the bees in select one of these options:
$320 for the nuc plus a Eco Hive Kit.
$350 for the nuc plus a Standard Hive Kit.
Nuc pickup will start in May 2022. Nuc orders are filled in order received, we will contact you by email to arrange pickup dates.
Address for pickup:
14201 South Highway 265
West Fork, AR 72774
The remaining $140 balance will be due when you pickup your bees if you select “deposit only”. If you need a hive box to put the bees into you can chose between our Eco or Standard hive kits available to purchase with the nuc as an option above. Select “Pay Later” at checkout to split the payment over 4 months using PayPal.
Nucs will include 5 “deep” frames of bees, honey, pollen, brood, eggs, a new queen. It is recommended that you feed the bees through the summer to help them build up. Our main nectar flow usually stops in July, feeding them ensures they keep building up so you have a strong hive to go into the winter.
No box or frame exchange needed. The nuc will need to be installed into a hive box after pickup to allow for more room.
- We do not ship bees, pickup will be at our farm in Hogeye, Arkansas.
- Pickup will be early in the morning or late in the evening to allow you to get home without the bees overheating.
- Bees need installed in a larger hive body the same day or next day.
- If not able to install immediately place the nuc in the same spot or even on top of the hive to be installed and open the entrance. If you pickup in the evening open the entrance and wait till the next day to install, do not install at night.
- This is a good place for information on how to install a nuc.
- Click here for information on how to care for your nuc.
- No refunds, we will replace a failed nuc at our discretion within 7 days of purchase
- Bring a smoker and suit in case of a mishap on the way home.
- One of those general liability statements: Honeybees can sting. Stings may cause an allergic reaction. Hogeye Honey is not liable for any harm due to keeping honeybees. Proceed at your own risk.